Laser Cutting and Etching SBU
Learn how to use a laser cutter to cut, etch and engrave designs in a variety of materials up to 60 cm x 45 cm and up to 8 mm thick in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class. Work with acrylic, wood, paper, cardboard, fabric, leather, and even chocolate! Using graphics software like CorelDRAW, cut intricate designs and engrave highly detailed images at the touch of a button. The sky's the limit with this simple and versatile tool.
By taking this class, you will get two 3 mm sheets or one 6mm sheet for the laser either plywood or acrylic.
This Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class is a prerequisite for the equipment and machines to be used independently in TechShop!
Contact the Front Desk 02 558 8624 for more information or sign up directly by booking a seat below.
- Meet 5 minutes before the class starts at Front Desk. Your instructor will meet you there to start the class.
- Changes and mistakes are not excluded.
- TechShop reserves the right to cancel the class if there is insufficient number of participants.
- Please check your contact details in your personal account, so that we can contact you in case of any changes.
- The Laser Cutting and Etching SBU is contained in the class category [A] Premium SBU and can be paid with a coupon of the category [A].
- Checkout other fun classes for the laser cutter:
Equipment Classes & Access
Students who take and successfully pass this course will be certified to use the following equipment at TechShop (refer to TechShop's minor policy for more information):
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- During class, all 8 to 11-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 8 to 11-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Maximum age: 99
- Members who are 12 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at TechShop as a member!
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory. Open-toe footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this is not met, we will not allow access to the facility.
* Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.