CNC Vinyl Cutter and Heat Press SBU
Are you ready to start making your own professional quality heat pressed shirts at TechShop?
In this hands-on class, you'll learn all the basics of using our heat press to add your own graphic designs to shirts, blankets, flags, bags and more!
Learn to use the computer-controlled (CNC) vinyl cutter and heat press in this Safety and Basic Use (SBU) class. Import vector (outline) designs from graphic software such as CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator into FlexiStarter, the software used to control the vinyl cutter. Next, use the CNC vinyl cutter to cut an adhesive vinyl sheet into professional looking signage or ready-to-apply paint masking as well as heat transfer vinyl for heat pressed shirts. This is a great tool for making screens for silkscreen printing, too!
- The class will be conducted in English.
- Understanding of vector-based graphics is recommended. We recommend taking COM207 CorelDRAW for CNC.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: 99
- During class, all 8 to 11-year-old students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also enrolled in the class. When using the machines outside of class time, 8 to 11-year-old members must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian who has passed the SBU.
- Members who are 12 years and above can, after successfully passing this class, use this equipment for your projects whenever you work at TechShop as a member!
- See our Minors & Shop Access Policies for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.
*Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.