Up! Build a Pneumatic Lift
The STEAM program covers the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
Looking for an exciting class once a week for your young innovator? Engage and inspire your kids this break with a unique experience at TechShop’s STEAM program.
Have your kids learn science and apply it to solve practical engineering challenges. Your young innovators will learn how to use state-of-the-art technology and how mathematics is useful to create projects. Let your little ones dive deep into science while embracing their creative side.
Contact the Front Desk 02 558 8624 for more information or sign up your kid directly by booking a seat.
Up! Build a Pneumatic Lift
Humans have invented clever ways to get air to do some heavy lifting! The technical term for this is pneumatics, and in this lesson you will learn in a simple way how the air is used to do work, by building your own small pneumatic lift.
What power does air and water have and what are they used for?
> Brainstorming: Windmills, wind turbines, hydro-electric power stations, etc.
Can you increase the power of air?
> Compressed air: Changing the volume of a closed system compresses air, increasing internal air pressure.
What is a pneumatic and hydraulic mechanism?
> Pneumatics & Hydraulics: Power of air and water used in pressure machines to perform mechanical work.
Class Time & Duration
- Please see the scheduled class time and duration below. In case this class is not scheduled or already fully booked, please contact our Front Desk team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member Price*: AED 220 per student
- Non-Member Price: AED 250 per student
- *Membership is verified at the time of the class session. Be sure to bring your badge.
Age & Supervision requirements
- Minimum age: 8
- Maximum age: 15
- No parental supervision is necessary! Kids will be supervised by TechShop staff!
Prerequisites & Other Requirements
- The class will be conducted in English.
- No other class prerequisits apply.
Number of Students
- Minimum number of registrations: 4
- Maximum number of registrations: 12
- Please note that this class requires a minimum number of FOUR registrations to proceed.
- If registrations do not reach this number, TechShop retains the right to cancel the class.
- Registrations over this limit will be placed on a waiting list.
- Parents will be notified the day prior to the classs' start in case of any changes.
class fees are not refunded, but credited for future classes in case of cancellation. Please refer to our Payments, Refunds & Cancellations for more information.
- Closed-toed shoes are mandatory for all participants. Open-toed footwear of any kind is not permitted and unfortunately if this requirement is not met, we will not be able to allow access to the facility.